In addition to our skilled nursing and rehabilitation services, dietary management services can be provided and include:
- Assisting patient and family in adjusting to prescribed diet
- Providing counseling to aid in adapting to limited diets
- Helping with meal planning
Medical Equipment Consultation
Although Fayette Home Care and Hospice does not stock or supply home medical equipment, we do provide assistance in selecting and arranging for the proper equipment or supplies to carry out the patient's care plan.
Fayette Home Care and Hospice provides for the emotional, financial and practical needs of patients and families through our medical social worker. Among the services offered are counseling, coordinating community support services, and patient advocacy. A social worker is available to help the patient and family accommodate the special consequences of illness and treatment by providing the following services:
- Assessing the patient's ability to manage the emotional and environmental changes related to illness and recovery
- Helping family members adapt to the services required to aid in recovery
- Assisting care team members in recognizing the social and emotional factors entailed in the treatment process
- Coordinating community resources
- Assisting in financial matters relating to treatment and recovery
Click here to go back.
© Copyright 2014, UPMC Visiting Nurses.